2023 Texas Rural Woman Grant Purpose
The purpose of this program is to foster greater economic development activity in Rural Texas by encouraging and enabling rural woman-owned, small businesses to undertake new and innovative projects. A total of thirty-five $10,000 grants for a total of $350,000 is available for this round of funding.
Who can apply?
Eligible businesses must satisfy all of the following conditions:
· Existing rural, woman-owned businesses (at least 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens). The business owner must reside in Texas.
· The business must have been in existence in Texas for at least 3 years.
· The business must be a for-profit corporation, partnership, LLP or LLC, or sole proprietorship. Not-for-profit corporations or similar nonprofit entities are not eligible.
· If the business or business owner owns the premises from which the business operates, all property taxes must be current.
· All sales, payroll, and other taxes must be current.
· The business must be located and operated within the state of Texas.
· The business, business owner and the applicant must not be involved in any pending or current litigation.
· The business owner must not have any felonies or convictions for a crime of dishonesty or breach of trust.
· Previous grant winners cannot apply.
· Businesses that are located in a rural county on our list.
· The business, business owner and applicant are operating with all required permits and licenses and are conforming to all required laws. Please check the Texas Taxable Entity Search page to verify your business is in good standing with the state: https://mycpa.cpa.